Over the years, Lakeland’s citizens have proved to be a caring, community conscience group. The number of not-for-profit organizations in the area bear witness to that fact. Volunteering to serve others can significantly enrich your life and fill the spare time that would have otherwise gone wasted. If you are in the greater Lakeland area, here are a few places you can volunteer.
- The Kiwanis Club of Lakeland is dedicated to helping impoverished children achieve a better life from early childhood to college.
- Kids Pack is another local organization with the goal of making sure homeless children are fed.
- VISTE helps the elderly to maintain their independence and dignity while ensuring that they remain safe in their own homes.
- The United Way of Central Florida has a three-pronged approach to serving the area. They help children succeed in school, help build financial stability and independence in families, and to improve people’s health.
- Campfire Sunshine Central Florida has been serving children through camps and teaching them about the outdoors for over 100 years.
- The SPCA of Florida‘s headquarters is located in Lakeland. It cares for homeless animals by preventing overpopulation and adoption programs.
- The American Cancer Society aids victims of cancer and their families.
These are just a few out of the multitude of not-for-profit organizations in Lakeland and the surrounding area. They welcome anyone who wants to give their time to a greater cause.
Perhaps you see a need in Lakeland that is not currently being met. Starting a charitable organization can be a time consuming and sometimes difficult process. Ultimately the reward of serving others greatly outweighs the challenges you may face.
If you have further questions about the charities listed above, visit their websites for details.